- aI think this spring is a good time for us to start looking.
- bWe should plan to move out of here before July.I'm tired of living in apartments.
- aI know, dear. I am too. But we've just been too busy to look for a house.
- bWe need to find a good realtor.
- aNot necessarily. If we use a realtor to find a house, it will be more expensive.
- bWhat do you mean?
- aRealtors always get a commission.If the realtor helps us find something, we have to pay him.
- bBut doesn't a realtor help with the contract?I thought they take care of all the legal troubles.
- aYes, that's often true. But you have to pay them.
- bI still think we should have a realtor.We're new in this country. We don't know all the laws of buying a house.And also, the realtor will inspect the house.He can tell us if the house has any problems.
- aOf course we need a home inspector.But we can hire an inspector on our own.And as for the legal problems, I have friends. They can help us.
- bSo how can we find a house if we don't have a realtor?
- aIt takes a little more time. We have to check the ads in the paper.Probably also there are special real estate magazines with ads.Then we have to drive to the homes and look at them.
- bAnd doesn't the person selling the house have a realtor?
- aSometimes they do, sometimes they don't.It's best to find someone who is selling by themselves.
- aBecause if the seller has a realtor, their price will be higher.He will have to pay a commission to the realtor.
- bHmm. It all sounds very complicated.
- aIt is. But buying a house is very important. So it takes time.That's why we haven't done it yet. It's very troublesome.
- bI want to look in the papers today. Maybe we can see something we like.
- aAlright. I'll buy a newspaper when I go to the drug store.